Classes for children to learn more complex English language skills. (35 hours)
Approximately equivalent to National Curriculum UK English Key Stage 1
The course will provide opportunities for children to develop:
- accurate pronunciation – aiming for an ‘English’ accent.
- comprehension through a range of reading materials and specifically designed comprehension – fiction, non-fiction, poetry, and rhyme.
- completion of the ‘Letters and Sounds’ course (UK) and reading and writing of Common Exception words Key Stage 1
- reading and understanding the first ‘100 keywords’ at sight and to spell them accurately
- sustained conversation skills using conjunctions to link sentences and ideas and an increasingly wide range of vocabulary
- giving and responding to instructions
- give explanations for events
- retelling a sequence of events or a story in their own word
- Maximum 6 students per group
- 2 sessions/week ( 1 hr session each)
- Monday and Tuesday from 4 pm-5 pm Romania Time
- Monday and Wednesday 4m-5pm Romania Time